Given the recent guidelines that enable us to continue our worship gatherings, we are excited about the opportunity to worship with you again! With that in mind, the staff and leadership of OHBC have formed the following Phase I plan for our worship gatherings beginning this Sunday, May 17:
Phase I Plans and Procedures
- If you are sick, have any symptoms related to the COVID-19 virus, or are considered high-risk (60 years old and above), we encourage you to remain at home. Services will continue to be streamed online (click here) as well as on our church Facebook page. Please visit the CDC website for more information about COVID-19 symptoms and individuals that are considered high-risk.
- Temperatures for all attendees will be checked upon entrance using non-touch thermometers.
- You are welcome to wear your own mask, gloves, and other personal protective equipment (PPE), but it is not mandatory. Please note that we will not be providing any PPE for congregants.
- We will be having our three morning worship services at 8:30, 9:45, and 11am. However, please note that there will not be any Sunday School classes, children’s ministry, or childcare provided. We will also reinstate our midweek services at 7pm beginning Wednesday, May 20. Midweek services will follow similar restrictions in programming (no children’s ministry, childcare, etc.)
- Ushers will be seating all families to ensure we are compliant with appropriate guidelines.
- We ask that families please sit together as a family unit. This will help us ensure that separate family units are seated at least six feet apart.
- Hand sanitizer will be available upon entrance and exit from the building.
- Initially, the music portion of our worship service may be limited as we move toward congregational singing in the weeks to come.
- We will have designated boxes for your offerings located in the lobby and near the exits. We will not be passing an offering plate during the worship service. You can also give online here.
- Upon conclusion of the service, we will be dismissing by rows and sections to reduce the likelihood of people gathering in close proximity. We also ask that you exit through the side doors on either side of the stage as we will be cleaning the sanctuary between services.
- As the virus subsides and the situation improves, plans will be made to implement Phase II of the reopening process. Phase II will include reinstating Sunday School classes, small groups, children’s ministry, and nursery. There is no immediate timeline for moving to Phase II. We will move forward as is appropriate under the existing guidelines and regulations.
In light of this overview of Phase I, let us all be reminded that none of this is ideal. In some way or another, all of us have been and will continue to be inconvenienced as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Nevertheless, we still have the responsibility to glorify God (1 Corinthians 10:31), honor and pray for the governing authorities (Romans 13:1-7), and love our neighbor by looking to their interests over and above our own (Philippians 2:3-4).
We appreciate your faithfulness over the last several weeks. The Lord has been kind to honor your prayers and generosity by sustaining us through unprecedented times. We covet your continued prayers as we move forward in hopes of returning to normal, whatever the “new normal” might be. Whatever the new normal is, we can rest assured knowing that God is working it together for our good (Romans 8:28). God bless you and your family, and we look forward to worshiping with you on Sunday!